Reflexology in Egham and Staines
Welcome to my Reflexology website!
I am Andrea Tate, a professional reflexologist based in Staines, Surrey. My home therapy room is tranquil, relaxing and peaceful and it is within easy reach from Egham, Englefield Green, Thorpe, Virginia Water, Chertsey, Laleham and Ashford.
Due to this unprecedented situation with heavy heart I have decided to close my therapy business until further notice. This is to protect the public and my family.
I will re-open when it is safe to treat again. I am looking forward to giving reflexology treatments, hopefully, in the not so distant future.
Something to look forward to, as I am sure we will all need some stress relief. Until then:
Stay well, stay safe and stay positive!
Relax and rebalance your mind-body with Reflexology - a natural way to better health
In our busy, face paced lives we face new challenges on a daily basis. As pressure builds we find ourselves under stress. In this stressful state we often lose our ability to easily unwind and just to listen to our body. Reflexology is a natural, non-invasive healthcare therapy that can support your mind-body to rebalance and reset itself. This stress buster is an ideal therapy to form part of a regular health maintenance program.
How can I help
Reflexology may very well be able to help you if you are experiencing conditions that are related to stress including but not limited to: hormonal imbalances, aches and pains, fatigue, sleep problems, digestive issues, tension etc. Or you may simply would like to just detox and look after your own well-being. For an appointment please click on the "Book Now" button below.
You are very welcome to check out these Self Help Cards on my "Resources" page:
You can also find the following information on my "Resources" page:
General Advice on a Healthy Diet
Book review: Anatomy of an Illness by Norman Cousins
An uplifting book about the healing potentials of the mind and the body. I recommend it to everyone!
As a Reflexologist I strive to support my clients in any way I can. I update my "Resources" page periodically with health related news, book reviews, self help techniques etc.
Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.
I invite you to watch this short video about "What is Reflexology?"
Why choose me
- a qualified professional reflexologist, based in Staines
- fully insured,
- a proud member of the Association of Reflexologists (hence the letters MAR after my name) and as such committed to the AOR’s professional code of practice. To visit the AOR's website please click here. You can find me in the "Find a Reflexologist" search option by looking for Reflexologist in Staines,
- my home therapy room's location is central just off The Causeway in Staines near Sainsbury's (handy if you need to do grocery shopping, you can kill two birds with one stone), it is easily found and has dedicated parking space on our driveway.
Wondering what makes a great reflexologist?
1. They will be a member of the Association of Reflexologists (AOR). Only fully insured reflexologists who trained with appropriately qualified and assessed organisations can be members. They will have MAR after their names, which stands for: Member of the Association of Reflexologists. They have a Level 3 certificate as a minimum and some have Level 5. They carried out at least 100 treatments and hands on assesments before qualifying. This means they did NOT qualify with a cheap online course...! They commit to CPD - continued professional development - and they cannot renew their membership without this.
2. A great reflexologist doesn't just do a great sequence on your feet - they also have an 'intention' in mind throughout. This is what they want for you. It might be peace or relaxation or relief or a good night's sleep etc, and it is what their internal focus is on whilst their external focus is on your feet. Remember, reflexology is NOT a foot massage ... it is so much more!
3. A great reflexologist is the one you trust and connect with! In other words you can rest assured that your wellbeing will be in safe hands.
How I measure success
I measure success not by how many clients I have or how much money I make. I measure success by how well I plan and deliver my clients' treatments to suit their needs. I measure success by how relaxed they feel not only in their body but in their mind too after a session.
When they arrive to that so important deep state of relaxation where they are aware of themselves and their surroundings but at the same time appear to be sleeping - that is when the body can repair damaged cells, when the body's innate healing power kicks in and uses this serene state to tend to the imbalances.
It is not the therapist who heals, but rather facilitates this restoring, deep relaxation. The therapist is merely there to support the client on his or her way to better health.
And this is what makes me feel good about what I do, and it makes me feel happy doing what I do. This is measure of success for me.
I feel that my treatments are successful when clients are making good progress on the way to recovery. And when my clients don't need me anymore, when they feel better and know how to help themselves - now that is what makes me successful.
Health and Medical Insurance
My training and my AOR membership allows the reflexology treatments to be reclaimed by Private Health insurance and medical cash back schemes such as BUPA, Paycare, Medicash, Sovereign, Healthshield Cash Plan.
Please do check the policy details of your individual cover .
Treatment packages, Taster session and Gift vouchers available
For more details please click here
Andrea Tate, MAR, professional AOR Reflexologist, wellbeing promoter covering the areas of: Staines, Egham, Ashford, Virginia Water, Thorpe, Chertsey.
Reflexologists do not claim to diagnose, cure nor prescribe.
Back to the top of this page