Reflexology in Egham and Staines
Welcome to my Reflexology website!
I am Andrea Tate, a professional reflexologist based in Staines, Surrey. My home therapy room is tranquil, relaxing and peaceful and it is within easy reach from Egham, Englefield Green, Thorpe, Virginia Water, Chertsey, Laleham and Ashford.
Until then stay safe and stay well!
Free Hand Reflexology videos for self-help
I would like to share this short video that was produced by the AOR. It is a useful guidance on how to perform reflexology on your own hands to help you manage stress and anxiety in these troubled times.
Please do have a go at it. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to answer them.
These moves can be performed as many times during the day as you need it. Whenever you notice that your mind goes into overdrive and your anxiety mounts just follow the steps above and feel your stress and tension melt away.
This is another hand reflexology video on how to support your immune system.
And if you are having trouble falling or staying asleep here is a short hand reflexology sequence to follow to help you sleep better.
You can help your loved ones too by working on their hands. Ask them to give you feedback on the depth of pressure used and how it feels to them.
For the maximum benefit it is best to:
- find a quiet and peaceful place to carry out the moves and set aside at least 10-15 minutes for it (5-7 minutes on each hand)
- make sure you are sitting in a comfortable position, rest your hands on a cushion in a way that your shoulders and arms are relaxed
- concentrate on what you are doing and what/how you feel
- vary the pressure until you find the right one for you, please note that more pressure does not necessarily equal with greater benefit
- first give yourself a hand rub as if you were washing your hands but this time without water or soap
- first work with your dominant hand to really master the moves then change hands, spend the same amount of time on each hand
- repeat the moves as many times as you like
- at the end give yourself a nice hand massage using your favourite hand cream.
Relax and rebalance your mind-body with Reflexology - a natural way to better health
In our busy, face paced lives we face new challenges on a daily basis. As pressure builds we find ourselves under stress. In this stressful state we often lose our ability to easily unwind and just to listen to our body. Reflexology is a natural, non-invasive healthcare therapy that can support your mind-body to rebalance and reset itself. This stress buster is an ideal therapy to form part of a regular health maintenance program.
How can I help
Reflexology may very well be able to help you if you are experiencing symptoms that are related to stress including but not limited to: hormonal imbalances, aches and pains, fatigue, sleep problems, digestive issues, tension etc. Or you may simply would like to just detox and look after your own well-being. For an appointment please click on the "Book Now" button below. My private Reflexology clinic is based in Staines, central location, with easy parking and access.
You are very welcome to check out these Self Help Cards on my "Resources" page:
You can also find the following information on my "Resources" page:
General Advice on a Healthy Diet
Book reviews, the latest being: Anatomy of an Illness by Norman Cousins
An uplifting book about the healing potentials of the mind and the body. I recommend it to everyone!
As a Reflexologist I strive to support my clients in any way I can. I update my "Resources" page periodically with health related news, book reviews, self help techniques etc.
During my professional career of 12 years I have treated clients presenting with a wide variety of conditions. At the moment my attention is turned mostly to working with patients who are living with cancer. In order to best support them I have attended:
- a specialised 4-day-long Oncology Reflexology course with the Middlesex School of Complementary Medicine,
- Dr. Carol Samuel's workshop for "Pain in Cancer Survivors" and most recently
- Reflexology Lymph Drainage with Sally Kay.
I find that reflexology gently brings on a deep state of relaxation that is so welcome for patients living with life changing conditions. This deep state of relaxation allows the body to do the necessary repair work and elimination on physical level and give a chance to the mind to switch off and ease anxiety, tension and stress. In turn quality of sleep improves, some side effects of treatment and symptoms of the condition, such as constipation, hot flushes, peripheral neuropathy and lymphoedema lessen.
I also have experience of working with the elderly who greatly appreciate the soothing and discomfort relieving beneficial effects of Reflexology.
I invite you to watch this short video about "What is Reflexology?"
Why choose me?
- a qualified professional reflexologist with over 10 years' of experience,
- fully insured,
- a proud member of the Association of Reflexologists (hence the letters MAR after my name) and as such committed to the AOR’s professional code of practice. To visit the AOR's website please click here. You can find me in the "Find a Reflexologist" search option by looking for Reflexologist in Staines,
- dedicated to keeping to continuous professional development,
- based in Staines, my home therapy room's location is central just off The Causeway in Staines near Sainsbury's (handy if you need to do grocery shopping, you can kill two birds with one stone), it is easily found and has dedicated parking space on our driveway.
Health and Medical Insurance
My training and my AOR membership allows the reflexology treatments to be reclaimed by Private Health insurance and medical cash back schemes such as BUPA, Paycare, Medicash, Sovereign, Healthshield Cash Plan.
Please do check the policy details of your individual cover .
Treatment packages, Taster session and Gift vouchers available
For more details please click here
Andrea Tate, MAR, professional AOR Reflexologist, wellbeing promoter covering the areas of: Staines, Egham, Ashford, Virginia Water, Thorpe, Chertsey.
Reflexologists do not claim to diagnose, cure nor prescribe.
Back to the top of this page